Build muscle, reduce fat, and even see skin tightening with Emsculpt Neo, a revolutionary non-invasive treatment for toning your body. Whether you are already super fit and want to see your muscles pop, are getting back into shape after having a baby, too busy to find enough time to get the results you want at the gym, or perhaps physical limitations are limiting your work out, you will love what Emsculpt Neo can deliver.
High Intensity Focused Electro Magnetic Energy (HIFEM) stimulates nerves that cause muscles to contract faster and stronger than what can be achieved through exercise alone, called supra maximal contractions. Radio frequency (RF) warms up the muscle for improved performance and this heat also concentrates in the fat layer which results in an injury to the fat cells. These cells then undergo a form of cell death called apoptosis and they are naturally eliminated from the body. The levels of energy can be adjusted based on the goals for the specific body area being treated. RF can also improve skin quality in the treatment site. There are new applicators that can specifically target different areas including the front and sides of the abdomen, buttocks, thighs, arms, and calves.
Who are good candidates for Emsculpt Neo?
- If you can already see your 6 pack, take it to the next level! If you work out, but just aren’t seeing the results in the belly, this can crank your core.
- Out with an injury? Don’t lose, but even improve on all of your hard work.
- Physical limitations keep you from exercising the way you want to? This doesn’t hurt or strain your back or joints. Focused toning of the extremities can also be used to build muscle and reduce fat. Time limitations (or desire) are also good reasons to explore Emsculpt Neo.
- New baby and no time for yourself? Get your body back faster. Has it been a few years? It’s not too late.
- An abdominoplasty is in your future, but the timing for surgery isn’t quite right yet. Emsculpt Neo can be done before or after surgery to improve results.
- Emsculpt Neo can also be used on the gluteal muscles to strengthen, build, and lift the tush. Adding fat (Brazilian Butt Lift) comes with risk, and patients need to have a lot of fat available in other body areas to transfer. Thinner patients are not candidates, and many prefer a less exaggerated goal aesthetically.
Who is not a Candidate for Emsculpt Neo?
Strict contraindications include pregnancy, electronic implants (pacemaker, defibrillators, cochlear implants, and neurostimulators), as well as any metal implants in the treatment sites (orthopedic implants, screws, metal IUDs, and Essure). There are other medical conditions that can increase the risk of adverse events and will be discussed with your provider.
Noninvasive treatments do provide less aggressive results than surgical options, so expectations do need to be realistic for this type of treatment. Gaining strength has functional advantages, even if the goal is not an aesthetic change. Although Emsculpt Neo has successfully treated patients with a BMI up to 35, there may be better options available to help you achieve your goals.
It is recommended to start with 4 treatments spaced 5-10 days apart. Each treatment takes 30 minutes, and if doing multiple sites they can be performed on the same day. Being hydrated is helpful, and it is great to wear comfortable, easy access clothes as the applicators are placed directly on the skin. Keep metal and electronic devices away from the treatment site.
You can tell that your body is working hard during the treatment, and might break a sweat. It is not painful, but body begins to adapt and things become more comfortable after only a few minutes.
Additional treatments can be performed to further improve results, but there is a plateau. Maintenance treatments are recommended aver 3-6 months.
Taking the Next Steps
If you are interested in Emsculpt Neo muscle building, the best way to affirm your candidacy is to consult with Dr. Folk in our Denver practice. Simply call our office, or submit a contact form to request a consultation.